It’ll be a week as of tomorrow on this #whole30 commitment and it’s getting easier. I think I hate coffee. I got a Mocha Swirl coffee that I thought would taste better, even with light coconut milk added, but as it turns out, it doesn’t taste any better. Coffee by itself just tastes icky. Maybe that’s a good thing. Give up coffee altogether. Stick with green tea and water. I’m going to attempt green tea tomorrow morning and see what happens.
I managed to avoid macaroni and cheese last night by repeating willpower, willpower, willpower to myself over and over again. We went over to our friend’s house for dinner and I had a very light salad, a tuna steak, and some asparagus. They had mac and cheese with their bbq chicken and bbq baked beans. It all smelled heavenly, but I do have willpower.
On the subject of things I need willpower over, my weaknesses, when it comes to food, are as follows:
- Cheeseburgers – not burgers – have to have cheese
- Bacon (but I can have this in moderation)
- Macaroni and Cheese – all kinds, ie: Kraft, Velveeta, homemade in the crockpot
- Hot wings – must be deep fried and extra crispy as well as extra saucy
- Chinese food
- Bacon, egg and cheese biscuits
- Cheese grits – not the instant kind, either
- Chocolate everything
- Pulled pork or ribs – I could do these with NO sauce and NO sugar
Considering this upcoming weekend is the 4th of July and I have to make my amazing trifle, I’m going really have to channel my inner Wonder Woman and repeat, constantly, willpower. I cannot drink. I cannot eat the amazingly wonderful items that will be present. I have to keep my head on straight and my mind right. I know the results will be worth it. My pants are already fitting a little better again. And the beach trip is at the end of this journey with #whole30.
Meal Ideas for this week – planning ahead as usual (haha):
- Cinnamon Banana Chia Seed Pudding
- Carrot Cake Smoothie
- Zuchetti (Zucchini Spaghetti with homemade pasta sauce & ground turkey or ground chicken)
- Balsamic Tuna Steak
My staples will be a very easy salad that just takes mixed greens (I like the ones that include kale and chard), sliced roma tomatoes, diced avocado chunks, and then the dressing (thanks Alex!) which is just the juice from one squeezed lime, 1 tablespoon of spicy mustard, 1 table spoon of olive oil and then salt & pepper to taste. Yum! Other staples include bananas, almond butter, apple slices, raspberries, strawberries, chicken apple sausage, eggs, and of course, sweet potatoes.
Guess I’ll check in tomorrow on the green tea option.